BehindTheBars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inLinks

Share | 

trailtech vapor

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
volfan537240
Admin
I've got the biggest balls of all
volfan537240

trailtech vapor Empty
PostSubject: trailtech vapor   trailtech vapor EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 9:43 am

me and junky were talking about these the other day so i figured i would share the review.

ive had mine for about 3 years now and i love it. it has a speedo, tach, temp gauge, clock, hour meter, ambient air temp and probably something else that im forgetting. i calibrated the speedo with a hand held gps so i guess its fairly accurate as well.

i bought it after my little brother ran my banshee wfo for about 5 mins and blew it up. it got so hot that it turned the old pipes brown lol. i thought that a temp meter with a flashy red dummy light would be nice to have for future instances like that.

it has been useful for trips at the dunes also. our dunes have alot of hills and not alot of wide open areas so banshee do tend to run hot out there. i shut mine down at 200 degrees.

one warning. do not spill gas on it. you can see the damage from this side view.

trailtech vapor 0917100030

looks ok from the front.

trailtech vapor 0917100031
Back to top Go down

trailtech vapor Empty
PostSubject: Re: trailtech vapor   trailtech vapor EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 2:54 pm

sweet review volf, mainly, it can just be because of the home made bracket your using for it, to spill gas. Mine is using the original bracket. I also like the really cool feature of it, and that is when it lights up everytime i turn on my lights. I rode in the dark at the dunes, and it was really cool for it to light up. And volf does it really do light up or something when it feels the motor gets too hot? i have never had mine doing that. And yes it is very accurate

trailtech vapor DSCF0597
Back to top Go down
Senator

Senator

trailtech vapor Empty
PostSubject: Re: trailtech vapor   trailtech vapor EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 4:10 pm

We have a few in our group with those dummy lights for temp...just a giant pain in the ass of the group if you ask me. The first problem is that they stop every 5 minutes becuase their light is on to let it cool down. But the main problem is that no one fixes the cooling issue now that that they have this "cool" new light that comes on all the time. If you can't have fun riding your bike, all the lights in the world don't mean sh!t.
Back to top Go down
alf44
Site Sponsor
Haulin ass n Burnin Gas
"Cuz I Can"
Site Sponsor Haulin ass n Burnin Gas
alf44

trailtech vapor Empty
PostSubject: Re: trailtech vapor   trailtech vapor EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 11:00 pm

Hmmm. Thats an interesting piece of info Senator. The light may not be that accurate then if its always going on. I run mine around 185-200 as well but have run at 220 before and it seems to drop right back down after running hard and fast for a short blast. Keep the coolant flowing and ride to where your getting air flow you should never overheat unless theres a bigger issue. Just my .02.
Back to top Go down
http://www.alfiestoybox.com

trailtech vapor Empty
PostSubject: Re: trailtech vapor   trailtech vapor EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 11:20 pm

alf44 wrote:
Hmmm. Thats an interesting piece of info Senator. The light may not be that accurate then if its always going on. I run mine around 185-200 as well but have run at 220 before and it seems to drop right back down after running hard and fast for a short blast. Keep the coolant flowing and ride to where your getting air flow you should never overheat unless theres a bigger issue. Just my .02.

x2, especially if your going against the wind as well, you should have no problems for sure. I was running my blue banshee on the first day, and it started leaking some coolant. I shut her down, then when i went back i was going against the wind, and it didnt happen. It was a hot day too at the dunes so maybe that's why
Back to top Go down
volfan537240
Admin
volfan537240

trailtech vapor Empty
PostSubject: Re: trailtech vapor   trailtech vapor EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 12:46 am

Junky_shee wrote:
sweet review volf, mainly, it can just be because of the home made bracket your using for it, to spill gas. Mine is using the original bracket. I also like the really cool feature of it, and that is when it lights up everytime i turn on my lights. I rode in the dark at the dunes, and it was really cool for it to light up. And volf does it really do light up or something when it feels the motor gets too hot? i have never had mine doing that. And yes it is very accurate

the plastic bracket supplied by the kit is pretty much useless if you run a handlebar with a pad. and yes you can program 2 different lights for different things like shift points, and 2 different overtemp warnings. i have the orange light set for 200 degrees and the red set for 210.

yeah senator i agree that if you arent gonna fix a overheating problem then you shouldnt have a dummy light lol. use that $100 to buy some engine ice and a billet water pump impellar lol.
Back to top Go down

trailtech vapor Empty
PostSubject: Re: trailtech vapor   trailtech vapor EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 2:15 am

how do i set mine up so that the red light comes up when its over heating??
Back to top Go down
volfan537240
Admin
volfan537240

trailtech vapor Empty
PostSubject: Re: trailtech vapor   trailtech vapor EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 2:20 am

go ot trail tech site and see if theres a downloadable owners manual. i cant think of how to do it off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
volfan537240
Admin
volfan537240

trailtech vapor Empty
PostSubject: Re: trailtech vapor   trailtech vapor EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 2:33 am

Back to top Go down
alf44
Site Sponsor
Haulin ass n Burnin Gas
"Cuz I Can"
Site Sponsor Haulin ass n Burnin Gas
alf44

trailtech vapor Empty
PostSubject: Re: trailtech vapor   trailtech vapor EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 5:12 am

volfan537240 wrote:
Junky_shee wrote:

the plastic bracket supplied by the kit is pretty much useless if you run a handlebar with a pad. and yes you can program 2 different lights for different things like shift points, and 2 different overtemp warnings. i have the orange light set for 200 degrees and the red set for 210.

yeah senator i agree that if you arent gonna fix a overheating problem then you shouldnt have a dummy light lol. use that $100 to buy some engine ice and a billet water pump impellar lol.
I no where u can get those things to. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.alfiestoybox.com

trailtech vapor Empty
PostSubject: Re: trailtech vapor   trailtech vapor EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 3:31 pm

[quote="alf44"]
volfan537240 wrote:
Junky_shee wrote:

I no where u can get those things to. Very Happy [/quote

hmmm, i think its a guy named alfie, he always gets good deals.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

trailtech vapor Empty
PostSubject: Re: trailtech vapor   trailtech vapor Empty

Back to top Go down

trailtech vapor

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BehindTheBars  :: General :: Product Review-
Jump to: